Your cart is currently empty!
Saguaro Cactus Plants Are Weirdly Awesome – Facts
The Saguaro Cactus are those huge iconic “classic” desert residents that make for some beautiful art and jewelry designs. But, what do you really know about these prickly ol’ plants? Here are some facts to up your trivia knowledge and impress your friends!
- The saguaro cactus is the largest cactus in the United States, and will usually reach an average height of 40 feet tall.
- It can take up to 10 years for a saguaro cactus to reach 1 measly inch tall.
- By 70 years of age, a saguaro cactus can reach 6 and a half feet tall, and will finally start to produce their first flowers.
- By 100 years in age, a saguaro cactus can reach a height of 15-16 feet, and could start to produce its first arm.
- By 200 years old, the saguaro cactus has reached its full height, reaching upwards of 45 fricken feet tall.
So, the next time you are trekking through the desert and see these majestic pokey towers, it may have been born in the early 1800s. Dang! That’s one pokey grandpa. 🌵
Little Green Flowering Saguaro Cactus Painted Wood Stud Earrings$10.00 – $13.00