Oh Say can you see, by the dawns early lights… something something…
If you live in the USA, you know the 4th of July is a big freaking deal! Bigger than Texas – kind of a deal! There’s hot dogs, watermelons, beer, lite beer, blowing sh*t up… it’s kind of awesome.
So, this Independence day I thought it might be fun to learn up on some trivia to impress your friends with before y’all get too drunk and someone looses their eyebrows.
- The Fourth of July was not declared a federal holiday until 1938, geeze – take your time guys…
- Around 150 million hot dogs are consumed on Fourth of July. However, there is about 327ish million people in the US. I think there is a lot of potential for hot dog growth in our future.
- The now American-celebrated song, Yankee Doodle, was originally written by officers of the British army to make fun of backwoods Americans. Acceptance is a great way to get back at bullies. Better than getting wedgies and claiming you like it.
- Three United States presidents died on the Fourth of July: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe. So, it’s kind of cursed. Could we turn this into a Halloween Light? One can only hope…
- Thomas Jefferson changed the wording of the Declaration of Independence from “the pursuit of property” to “the pursuit of happiness.” I guess T.J. wasn’t, in fact, down with OPP.
Well, there’s a few things you might be able to recall with just a couple beers in ya! No matter how you celebrate – Be Safe! Lock Up your Pets! And HAVE FUN!!!
Fourth & Festive Jewelry:
Big Star White or Red Stud Earrings$9 – $10