Your cart is currently empty!
Trivia to Impress Your Friends this 4th of July!
Oh Say can you see, by the dawns early lights… something something…
If you live in the USA, you know the 4th of July is a big freaking deal! Bigger than Texas – kind of a deal! There’s hot dogs, watermelons, beer, lite beer, blowing sh*t up… it’s kind of awesome.
So, this Independence day I thought it might be fun to learn up on some trivia to impress your friends with before y’all get too drunk and someone looses their eyebrows.
- The Fourth of July was not declared a federal holiday until 1938, geeze – take your time guys…
- Around 150 million hot dogs are consumed on Fourth of July. However, there is about 327ish million people in the US. I think there is a lot of potential for hot dog growth in our future.
- The now American-celebrated song, Yankee Doodle, was originally written by officers of the British army to make fun of backwoods Americans. Acceptance is a great way to get back at bullies. Better than getting wedgies and claiming you like it.
- Three United States presidents died on the Fourth of July: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe. So, it’s kind of cursed. Could we turn this into a Halloween Light? One can only hope…
- Thomas Jefferson changed the wording of the Declaration of Independence from “the pursuit of property” to “the pursuit of happiness.” I guess T.J. wasn’t, in fact, down with OPP.
Well, there’s a few things you might be able to recall with just a couple beers in ya! No matter how you celebrate – Be Safe! Lock Up your Pets! And HAVE FUN!!!